So, who’s behind on hard boiling eggs for Easter to color? I’m always a little behind when it comes to the holidays, but this year, I think we did it in time. I tend to lag on the hard boiling of the eggs, because I can never make them right. Either they’re in too long and they crack and explode, or it’s not enough time and they go bad faster. See? No luck.
But I got the Instant Pot for my birthday last year and I’ve been using it to make everything. So when I found out I can make the perfect hard boiled egg in there? ON IT. Hard boiling eggs in a pressure cooker makes them SO easy to peel as well. The shells basically fell off when I went to peel some to eat. I can’t wait to make tuna fish salad, egg salad and chicken salad after Easter. Maybe even some deviled eggs.
The kiddos had a blast coloring eggs with dad. Birdie had to get the bright colors with glitter. Tot was just excited to play with dye. His hands looked like they belonged to the Hulk after he was done. But they had fun and we got some great photos out of it.
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- 12 Large Eggs
- 1 cup Water
- Place trivet into Instant Pot and pour in 1 cup of water.
- Place eggs on trivet. Feel free to layer your eggs on top of one another.
- Close lid and set the Instant Pot for 5 minutes on manual at HIGH pressure.
- Allow pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes. Then quick release pressure, very carefully.
- Take eggs out of the Instant Pot and place into an ice bath for approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove from ice bath and your eggs are ready to peel.